First do no harm — the Hippocratic Oath — is the guiding principle for physicians and other health care providers. Despite this guiding principle, mistakes still happen in clinics and hospitals across the nation and patients are harmed. In fact, recent studies suggest that medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in America.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a physician, you may have a claim to recover damages for your harm and losses. At Malone Law, we have vigilantly pursued justice for injured patients for over 50 years. Our team of experienced attorneys knows how to successfully pursue claims against negligent physicians — and help you put your life back together.
Proving Physician Negligence
A doctor’s mistake doesn’t necessarily mean that medical malpractice has occurred. Through careful investigation and years of experience, our dedicated lawyers can determine whether you have a valid claim for professional negligence, which requires:
- Doctor-patient relationship — The first element of proving a physician engaged in professional negligence is establishing that a patient-physician relationship existed between the patient and the doctor who acted negligently.
- Duty of care — Doctors have a duty to follow generally accepted medical guidelines and procedures and are bound to provide patients with a certain standard of care — which is usually defined as the level of care other reasonable and cautious doctors would provide under similar conditions.
- Breach of duty — A doctor who fails to exercise reasonable care, or treats a patient’s injury, condition or illness differently than another doctor would, has breached that duty of care.
- Injury — The patient suffered an injury as a proximate result of the doctor’s breach of his or her duty of care.
- Damages — The patient suffered damages — financial or otherwise — because of the injury, which was caused by the doctor’s breach of the duty of care.
At Malone Law, we understand how devastating it is to suffer an injury due to physician errors. We understand how draining these types of injuries are on a victim’s physical, emotional and financial condition. And we understand how to successfully prosecute cases involving doctors who commit professional negligence. We can help you with cases involving:
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose
- Treatment plan errors
- Prescription, medication and dosage mistakes
- Unnecessary treatments and procedures
- Hospital errors
By skillfully handling complex cases, the attorneys at Malone Law have earned a reputation for excellence — a reputation that has become their tradition steeped in obtaining just compensation for those we are privileged to represent.
For more information, call our office in Atlanta, Georgia, at 770-390-7550 or fill out our online contact form.